January 2, 2012

Dear Diary...How Can I Add Some Bling to my Walls?

It's no secret that I looove a good DIY project! I recently found inspiration at my local Forever 21, while shopping for some Christmas gifts.

Wanting to add a personalized touch to our art collection, I decided to buy some "costume" jewelry & combine with mementos from various occasions to make a one of a kind statement that now adorns our entry way.

First step you will want to pick your frame. I used one that allowed for an 8x10 print (I was able to use an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper to print my letter that way).

Next, print an outline of the letter you want to use and scale it up proportionally to your frame size. Card stock works best.

Then you're ready to go! Start pulling apart the jewelry you have, necklaces, bracelets, etc and loosely place them within the boundaries of the letter. When you have everything arranged use a glue gun to fix in place.


Voila! Your very own beautiful, bling one of a kind art piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment