July 20, 2012

Dear Diary...Another Drab to Fab Story

This past week I decided to start tackling the guest bathroom. I've been loving that oil-rubbed bronze look lately and really wanted to incorporate it somehow into the guest bath. 

Unfortunately, our bathroom has the same builder grade look most others have! So I set off to my nearest home improvement store to take a look around. Towel bar, TP holder, hand towel ring, and all the vanity accessories started to add up pretty fast! I stopped calculating once I reached $60.

Knowing I couldn't spend that much, I decided to put my creativity to good use when I found this beautiful product from Rustoleum for just $7.50:



I set off for home to see what I could find to re-finish! This is what I pulled together:

From Top left: Bath & Body soap dispenser, plastic trash can, 
towel bar, light switch cover, outlet cover & toilet paper holder.




With one even coat & just a bit of touch ups, I was able to transform a...
well I'll just say it, UGLY bathroom set, into THIS:

Look at the depth of the finish, no flat spray paint look here!



My husband could hardly believe his eyes either! What a dramatic transformation!

If you've tried this on a similar project or have ideas of how to use this for your own DIY, 
leave a note in the comment section below! 
I LOVE hearing about your projects and how these tips work for you!





3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a change. I am shocked at how well the plastic trash can looks. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Who needs Martha Stewart when you have Lacy Garcia!

    Milca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you paint the faucet and knobs as well?

    ReplyDelete