August 27, 2012

Dear Diary...A Smell Good Secret



For those of you who have ever moved houses, you can empathize with my frustration as I rummage around boxes trying to find that "needle in a haystack". Today it was my air freshener plug in. I have more than one brand but could NOT find a refill match to the Plug-in (I wouldn't be surprised if they got thrown out accidentally during the move!).


I decided to see what would happen if I took one of the refills apart...a pair of needle-nose pliers helped with this experiment. It took a little prying, but I eventually worked it off (don't worry if you somewhat damage the plastic cap in the process, I did & it still went back together fine).


You'll want to rinse out the glass container to prep for the new scent. The wick will keep your old scent for a while, but it will absorb & start to emit the new scent pretty quickly.


Next you'll repeat Step 1 on the refill you are planning to transfer to the original refill bottle. For some reason this cap came off easier than the last, it really depends on the brand you have.

*TIP: Keep the wick from the new refill bottle to place in a bathroom, etc-don't waste the good scent! Just place it on a dish (something non-porous).


Simply pour the oil scent into the original glass refill bottle...


Re-insert the cap & wick, it should pop back in place fairly easily, it should then look like this...
(See, I told you I roughed up the cap a bit, but it still went back on just fine!)



There you have it! Plug in & enjoy!


*TIP: Keep the empty refill bottles, either to do this process again or other fun crafts. I plan to cover my wallflowers with glitter for a Christmas decoration, their particular shape looks like vintage christmas lights!

I DEFINITELY recommend trying this for fall, so many great scents out there to enjoy, don't be restricted to just one brand! What scents have you been wanting to try out?







No comments:

Post a Comment