August 22, 2015

Dear Diary...My Home Needs New Jewelry

I am happy to share that I'm back after a couple of very hectic years on hiatus from blogging! It's been a whirlwind of events from loosing my step-father to the birth of our son to moving into a new home with my family, mother and grandmother!

This new chapter has led me to slightly re-direct my blogging. My purpose for writing these posts is still to show you that you CAN do some things yourself, that it's not always as daunting as it seems. However, at this stage of my life I'm constantly busy chasing a toddler and many days it's impossible to get even the important things checked off, let alone have spare time to sit down and blog!

But I still enjoy sharing tips and tricks to make your home inviting and beautiful as well so I've decided I'll be doing mini blogs (aside from this one) where the talking will be minimal and I'll get right to the point!

If you're anything like me you go straight for the tutorial and skip the excess (so whoever is still reading at this point, THANK YOU!) lol

That said lets get on to the tutorial! Today I'm installing what I like to call "home jewelry" which is all the cabinet pulls, door levers, etc. get it? Check out the videos below for how to remove an old knob and how to install a new one!

(I apologize in advance for my not so professional camera skills, at one point my special helper even came in for a quick camera appearance which just goes to show that if I can do this by myself while watching a toddler, then you can certainly do it to!)


Enjoy and please be sure to leave a comment if you found this helpful.




Yours truly,
The Decorating Diva



1 comment: